Eminem Basement
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eminem 'The Way I Am' Book Release Event (Updated: Oct 5th)

3 posters

Go down

Eminem 'The Way I Am' Book Release Event (Updated: Oct 5th) Empty Eminem 'The Way I Am' Book Release Event (Updated: Oct 5th)

Post by rahul.never2far Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:28 am

Oct 5th, 2008
On October 21st, Em is releasing his second book. The Way I Am is a collection of Marshall's personal stories, reflections, photographs, original artwork, and never before published lyric sheets. In the first printing of the book, there is also a DVD included which contains Em's personally shot video footage and unreleased interviews.

A couple of my favorite things about the book are the cover and the detachable lyric sheets. The cover is a red acetate film that slides over the traditional book print (similar to Jay-Z's Kingdom Come CD). The red jacket masks the collage of Em's handwritten lyrics on top of the underlying photo... you kind of have to see it to really get the effect. Also inside the book in the back are several perforated pages which one can pull out of the book. On these pages are reproductions of Em's actual lyric sheets for songs like "Stan" and "Lose Yourself". I fought hard for the book to have the pages detachable because there is something special about being able to hold the actual page in your hand and turn it around and around to decipher what Em's semi-legible writing is saying. (Somehow he reads right off of the pages with ease and can see the song there). Again, you have to really see the lyric sheets to fully understand what I'm describing.

So, there are two ways to do that! First, of course, you can buy the book when it comes out on 10/21 everywhere in the U.S. Second, you can enter the Sirius Satellite Radio Shade45 contest for the book by clicking here. Grand prize winner will receive a all-expense paid trip to NYC for the book launch event along with other special prizes.
Source: Paul Rosenberberg's Blog

Oct 3rd, 2008
Eminem is proud to present The Way I Am, a book that chronicles parts of his life in his own words, features his original handwritten lyric sheets to your favorite songs, original artwork by the man himself, and never before seen and unreleased photos capturing special moments of his spectacular career hitting stores on Oct. 21st!!!

However, the good folks at Shade 45 are giving one very lucky listener and their guest a chance to attend a special event celebrating the release of the highly anticipated book on October 15th at a secret location in New York City! In addition to the roundtrip airfare, two nights hotel to New York, the signed book, the pair of headphones and the free trip to NYC, the grand prize winner will also receive a specially designed pair of limited edition Eminem inspired Air Jordan 2 sneakers!!!

Five finalists will each win a signed copy of The Way I Am and a pair of Beats By Dre, the official Dr. Dre designed headphones!!!

Entrants must be at least 21 years of age and a legal resident of the contiguous USA to enter. For more details and how to enter see the Official Rules. Enter today for your chance to win!!!
Source: http://www.sirius.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Sirius/Page&c=Contest&cid=1222875944279

Credit: Tash8

Last edited by rahul.never2far on Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
rahul.never2far
rahul.never2far
Admiral
Admiral

Male Number of posts : 906
Language(s) : English / Hindi / Punjabi
Registration date : 2008-07-20

http://eminembasement.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Eminem 'The Way I Am' Book Release Event (Updated: Oct 5th) Empty Re: Eminem 'The Way I Am' Book Release Event (Updated: Oct 5th)

Post by nesly Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:23 pm

thnx 4 post boy! cant wait 4 it..
nesly
nesly
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Female Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2008-08-21

Back to top Go down

Eminem 'The Way I Am' Book Release Event (Updated: Oct 5th) Empty Re: Eminem 'The Way I Am' Book Release Event (Updated: Oct 5th)

Post by sanjiv Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:13 pm

mayn so many gifts... wow!
Thanks fo the news buddy! Smile
sanjiv
sanjiv
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Male Number of posts : 945
Language(s) : english
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://www.allcomputertricks.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sanjiv Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:06 pm

Hey ima get the book the day it releases... maybe 'til oct 25th
yupieeeeeee
sanjiv
sanjiv
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by rahul.never2far Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:43 pm

sanjiv wrote:Hey ima get the book the day it releases... maybe 'til oct 25th
yupieeeeeee
Online shopping Whistle
rahul.never2far
rahul.never2far
Admiral
Admiral

Back to top Go down

Post by sanjiv Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:25 pm

nah my dad's gonna get the book fo me... from mumbai only ofcorz...!
sanjiv
sanjiv
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by rahul.never2far Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:31 pm

Oct 5th,2008
On October 21st, Em is releasing his second book. The Way I Am is a collection of Marshall's personal stories, reflections, photographs, original artwork, and never before published lyric sheets. In the first printing of the book, there is also a DVD included which contains Em's personally shot video footage and unreleased interviews.

A couple of my favorite things about the book are the cover and the detachable lyric sheets. The cover is a red acetate film that slides over the traditional book print (similar to Jay-Z's Kingdom Come CD). The red jacket masks the collage of Em's handwritten lyrics on top of the underlying photo... you kind of have to see it to really get the effect. Also inside the book in the back are several perforated pages which one can pull out of the book. On these pages are reproductions of Em's actual lyric sheets for songs like "Stan" and "Lose Yourself". I fought hard for the book to have the pages detachable because there is something special about being able to hold the actual page in your hand and turn it around and around to decipher what Em's semi-legible writing is saying. (Somehow he reads right off of the pages with ease and can see the song there). Again, you have to really see the lyric sheets to fully understand what I'm describing.

So, there are two ways to do that! First, of course, you can buy the book when it comes out on 10/21 everywhere in the U.S. Second, you can enter the Sirius Satellite Radio Shade45 contest for the book by clicking here. Grand prize winner will receive a all-expense paid trip to NYC for the book launch event along with other special prizes.
Source: Paul Rosenberberg's Blog
rahul.never2far
rahul.never2far
Admiral
Admiral

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down