Eminem Basement
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eminem Calls On Elton John To Fight Drug Addiction

2 posters

Go down

Eminem Calls On Elton John To Fight Drug Addiction Empty Eminem Calls On Elton John To Fight Drug Addiction

Post by Bunny Rabbit Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:42 pm

Music veteran Elton John has revealed that he has been helping Eminem fight the urge to use drugs for nearly two years.

According to Elton, Em's progress has continued to get better.
"I've been helping Eminem over the last 18 months and he's doing brilliantly," John says, reports the British Press Association. Speaking to BBC Radio 5 in the U.K. on Saturday, Sir Elton, 62, who has freely spoken about his own past issues with substance abuse, said: "I'm there if people want my help. If people ask for help you tell them where to go but there's no point advising people if they don't want to do it." (People)

In a June 2009 VIBE Magazine interview, Em broke down his slow recovery and recent return to the spotlight.
"I wanted to make an overall statement--I'm back," Em said. "It was a slow process. You gotta remember I hadn't recorded a song sober in seven years. So it took me awhile to even feel like I could record a song sober...I don't know the last time I shot a video sober, without drinking or taking anything. It's been years...I almost feel like a little kid again with rap. I wanna play around with different flows. If I don't feel like it's what I'm fully capable of, if there's one weak line, I wanna change it. Rap was my drug. It used to get me high and then it stopped getting me high. Then I had to resort to other things to make me feel that...now rap's getting me high again." (Rap Radar)

In a past interview, the rapper said drugs forced his transition into producing.
"I wasn't ready to give up drugs," Em explained. "I didn't really think I had a problem...I felt like I wanted to pull back, because my drug problem had got so bad. I felt like, maybe if I take a break, maybe this will help. I started to get into the producer role more." (XXL Magazine)

He also launched a website using rehab concepts to help promote his Relapse album.
Boasting the slogan "We Remade You" -- a riff on Relapse's first single "We Made You" -- Popsomp Hills is advertised as a real Bloomfield Hills, Michigan rehab center with a Swiss founder named "Dr. Balzac" in charge. There's much more weird stuff on the Popsomp Website: By clicking "Learn More," you're redirected to the Wikipedia page for "Hell," the "Terms & Conditions" seem to be enablers ("Life is too short, party harder than ever. We can help") and links to a multitude of actual rehab options. (Rolling Stone)

Source: http://www.sohh.com/2010/01/eminem_calls_on_elton_john_to_fight_drug.html
Bunny Rabbit
Bunny Rabbit
Commander
Commander

Male Number of posts : 1220
Language(s) : English
Registration date : 2008-07-26

Back to top Go down

Eminem Calls On Elton John To Fight Drug Addiction Empty Re: Eminem Calls On Elton John To Fight Drug Addiction

Post by MichaelOnTheMic Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:40 am

Didnt know Em & Elton were that close Happy
MichaelOnTheMic
MichaelOnTheMic
Commander
Commander

Male Number of posts : 1360
Language(s) : English
Registration date : 2009-07-01

http://www.kongregate.com/?referrer=michaellegend

Back to top Go down